In the constantly-evolving world of social media, sometimes it can be hard to keep up with changing features and updated platforms. Check out our list of new ways to use your favorite networks.
- Facebook has updated its standalone messaging app, Messenger, to include a new option to take photos from within the app. The photo can be taken and sent with just one click.
- The social network has also acquired a new app, Moves, to track fitness. This year, Facebook has already purchased WhatsApp and Paper.
- Per Forbes, Facebook is attempting to tackle spam and “like-baiting” on its News Feed.
- Twitter has launched a whole new layout, which many have likened to Facebook’s look. It includes customizable headers, bigger profile pictures and a three-column layout.
- Another new feature is the ability to receive “real-time” notifications that are sent when you’re on Twitter and someone is tweeting you.
- At the end of April, Pinterested launched a Guided Search that helps lead you through the site to find items to pin. Based on what you want to find, Pinterest will now aid you in sifting through others’ pins to collect the best ideas.
- Pinterest also announced new custom categories and an improvement to its related pins feature.
- Instagram has expanded its Explore tab to add some personalization features to it.
- Additionally, the network plans to add top photos and videos that are most “liked” by people you follow.
Which of these features do you use? How do you think these social networks could improve?Share this post